8 women's journeys that are transforming the world of finance!
On the occasion of International Women's Rights Day on March 8, Paris & Co launched his monthly top careers of inspiring women: entrepreneurs, experts, mentors…: they all stand out through their commitment, their passion and their talent!
This month of May, we invite you to discover 8 profiles of women who are all actively involved in the development of the FinTech, Assurtech and Regtech sector! They are entrepreneurs, experts, investors, or partners of the innovation platform The Swave : they provide the ecosystem with their very rich experience and their innovative approach to revolutionize uses and integrate technical progress in a reasoned manner, to build the finance of tomorrow!
1. Jihane khouzaimi is an engineer specializing in information and communication technologies. She graduated from Telecom Paris, with a specialization in Digital at HEC Paris. For 5 years in the Innovation Department of the French Insurance Federation, Jihane had the opportunity to lead the Digital Commission (CDO, CMO and DSI committee of French insurance companies and mutuals) and to manage the accelerator of start-ups and scale-ups in the insurtech sphere "Le Hub". She currently heads the "Insurance" vertical within Qarnot Computing. Jihane is an insurance expert and the innovation challenges of the sector, which regularly supports startups in the swave navigate the ecosystem effectively.
Discover Jihane Khouzaimi on LinkedIn
2. Charlotte Gaudin is the founder and CEO of Accord Votre andAML Factory, Regtech, which participates in the fight against money laundering and the financing of terrorism. Driven by the idea of a more just and secure world, Charlotte embarked on a course of criminal law during her studies and specialized in the fight against money laundering and terrorism. For the past fifteen years, she has provided her expertise to regulated companies. Then, she founded AML Factory in 2019, incubated at Swave. Its vocation: to simplify regulatory constraints for regulated entities! Charlotte Gaudin also puts her solid expertise in compliance, internal control and regulatory relations at the service of her peers, since she has been supporting startups in the swave.
Discover Charlotte Gaudin on LinkedIn
3. Caroline Lamaud Dupont is the co-founder ofAnaxago and member of the office of France FinTech. Originally from Limousin, Caroline studied Finance at Paris Dauphine. She will discover the world of entrepreneurship there and even take programming courses. In 2012, with her classmates Joachim Dupont and François Carbone, at 22 she co-founded Anaxago. A very good story since 9 years later, Anaxago has invested 283 million euros in 230 companies! Caroline, currently 4th in the ranking of the most influential French personalities in the Tech sector, is also Director of France Fintech and speaker on the Master Finance Technology Data, both partners of the swave.
4. Gimena Diaz is the Vice President of Southern Europe, Middle East and Africa of the specialist in identity verification and online authentication. Onfido. Originally from Argentina, Gimena moved to France to study at Sciences Po Paris, then at Paris-Dauphine University where she obtained a Masters in Telecoms-Audiovisual-Internet. In the early 2000s, Gimena developed its experience in the digital world and new technologies. In particular, she joined Paypal in 2007, where she became General Manager for France in 2012. She left her post and worked with entrepreneurs by financing high-potential projects within the Paris Business Angels network, before joining the Onfido project in 2019. , incubated at swave and 1st in The FinTech50 2019 ranking. Finally, Gimena is also committed to gender equality within Un Women France, as a board member.
5. Gabriela Paciu is the co-founder B4finance, the startup incubated at swave which provides compliance solutions for the wealth management industry through Blockchain and machine learning. Passionate about the finance industry, Gabriela worked for 17 years in technology and financial services for asset managers, in large banks such as HSBC or JPMorgan Chase, and software vendors. Drawing on this experience, she wanted to contribute to the transformation of the market and decided to found B4finance in 2017 to help asset and wealth managers in the digital transformation of their customer and investment journeys.
6. Marion Deshoulières has just joined the adventure of Checkout.com, a FinTech whose success reflects its international growth.
Always keen to develop her expertise in the payment industry - she went through BNP Paribas, Limonetik, then MasterCard, partner of swave - before taking his current position as Financial Partnerships manager in the unicorn of e-commerce payment. Enthusiastic and curious by nature, his young career is made up of encounters, learning and change. Meetings, because without the female and male mentors who dotted her first professional experiences, she would not have as much confidence today. And above all a distance from events, which allows him to maintain a deep optimism in the future whatever the difficulties. For her, self-confidence and the alignment between her values, her personality and her choices, is acquired over time and thanks to caring people who share and question.
Today, she is trying to transmit this in turn, as well as working methods, to young people from priority areas via the association Proxité. The road is long: here again, she feels that she never stops learning, whatever the age, personal history and aspirations of these young people. Her main driving forces are: to have an impact, to cultivate her mind all her life, and in turn to share what she has discovered. His secret dream: why not one day teach?
Discover Marion Deshoulières on LinkedIn
7. Kristen Charvin is the General Delegate of France FinTech, the professional association partner of swave which represents French fintech, insurtech and regtech, with all the players in the ecosystem and which animates it through meetings, publications or events. Fintech: Kristen didn't "fall into it when she was little"! After studying management and communication, she worked for 4 years in a PR agency specializing in the promotion of "tech" services and products, while the "cloud" still means little to everyone. . She will quickly be entrusted with the management of major BtoB accounts such as Eutelsat Communications, Isilon Systems-EMC, Carbonite Inc. and a financial start-up … Advize. The founders will offer him to become its CMO a year later! We are in 2012.
It will be necessary to wait until 2015 for the term fintech to take its letters of nobility and for France FinTech to be created by around thirty players, including Advize! She is strongly involved in the organization of Fintech R: Evolution, the association's annual event, and in the promotion of women within the sector by creating the initiative Women in FinTech with Léa Véran and Astrid Cousin. Kristen finally joined the association in 2017 to ensure its development. France FinTech now has more than 220 members, nearly 80 partners and has contributed to the creation of several major initiatives such as EDFA or the French Fintech Week.
Kristen continues, of course, to promote the themes of diversity and pluralistic paths within the ecosystem, in particular through FINTECH.
Study : FinTech needs women
8. Elea Hernández graduated from McGill and HEC Montreal in International Finance. After a stint at the UN within the environmental program (UNEP), she joined the Technology Pioneers teams of the World Economic Forum to contribute to the recognition and development of technological innovation on the international scene. She works alongside renowned Scale up such as Transferwise, Onfido, IZettle, Sigfox, Slack, Palantir Technologies. Fascinated by the technological innovation sector, she decided to return to France and contribute to the development and influence of French Tech. It is therefore naturally that she joins The Swave, whose objective is to promote French Finance in Europe and the world, in order to support FinTech companies.
Specialist in their development issues at any stage of maturity, she oversees the support of Swave startups since 2019, in their evolution within the ecosystem and works in close collaboration with the various stakeholders (Large Groups, Startups and Institutions).
Discover Elea Hernandez on LinkedIn
Consultation open until May 31, 2022
Joint consultation | European Supervisory Authorities (ESA): Sustainability information for simple, transparent and standardized securitisations
Consultation open until July 7, 2022